The conditions to work and live in the archipelago has never been better than now.
- Connection traffic is lively all year round, even better solutions discussed.
- Fast data connections are available to many municipalities, decisions on new optical cables is expected in the near future.
- The infrastructure, health care, kindergarten and schools as well as shops are available, the attitude towards immigrants is positive.
- Many municipalities plan new sites for permanent living. Service spaces are available for rent and there is interest in building more.
- Changes in working life in combination with new technology makes it even more possible to work remotely and live in your favorite environment.
- If you want to establish yourself as an entrepreneur, you can get both advice and establishment support.
Is there a better environment to live and work in than the archipelago?
- Brändö, Föglö, Kumlinge, Kökar, Sottunga and Vårdö make up the archipelago, one of the most beautiful archipelagos in the world. Here 2,400 people live year-round.
- You can settle, own homes and run businesses in Åland even if you do not have the right of domicile here. Land acquisition requires that you have the right of domicile, it can be applied for when you have lived here continuously for five years.
- The Åland archipelago municipalities welcome immigrants. The proximity and the short decision paths mean that you get answers fast, and your voice will be heard.
- Ferry services connects to Åland and Finland. High-speed Internet is available in all municipalities.